Putnam County

Community Resources

Interview (1)Contained here is a listing of various agencies in our area providing services. Please contact the agencies directly if you have any questions about their services.

Putnam County CRISIS Assistance Network - The Community and Social Service Network (CAN) is dedicated to linking citizens and service professionals with social services in Putnam County.

Putnam County Crisis Assistance Network Members

  • Catholic Charities- financial and counseling
  • Community Action Commission- financial and budgeting counseling
  • Crime Victim Services-financial assistance for domestic violence victims
  • Ottawa Community Food Pantry at Trinity United Methodist Church- food and personal items
  • Salvation Army at Trinity United Methodist Church-financial services
  • Pathstones (Liberty Center)- bilingual, food pantry
  • Putnam County American Red Cross- Disaster assistance
  • Putnam Council on Aging- Community House Improvement Program
  • Putnam County Community Thrift Store, Inc.- food, clothing, financial assistance
  • Putnam County Job and Family Services- financial assistance
  • Putnam County Help Me Grow- Ages 0-3 (Caseworker referral needed)
  • Putnam County Health Department- BCMH, medical advising, immunizations, car seats
  • Putnam County Home Care and Hospice
  • Putnam County Women, Infants, Children (W.I.C.)- food assistance
  • Kalida Family Outreach- food assistance
  • Community Food Pantry (First Lutheran Church - Leipsic)
  • Dupont Church of the Brethren (Dupont, Cloverdale)
  • Continental Food Pantry
  • Lord's Pantry(Columbus Grove, Vaughnsville, Ft. Jennings)- Union Bank Columbus Grove
  • Putnam County Churches
  • Pathways- Mental Health Counseling, Crisis, Housing
  • Family & Children First Council- $ assistance to children 0-18, up to 21 if medical handicap
  • Office of Veteran Affairs- financial assistance for veterans and their spouses

Also, check out the following links for more information on available resources.

If you are looking for a job, visit    

To apply for cash assistance, food assistance, unemployment insurance or help with child care, visit the
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

To apply for Medicaid, visit the
Ohio Department of Medicaid.

For information about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, visit the
Ohio Department of Health.

If you need assistance with housing, visit the
Ohio Housing Finance Agency or the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

For help paying your home heating bills, visit the
Ohio Development Services Agency.

For help paying your telephone bill, visit the
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.